SureLight® Europium Amine-Reactive Labeling Kit
SureLight Europium Amine-Reactive Labeling Kit is intended for labeling of molecules with europium through an isothiocyanate reaction to be used in the construction of FRET, QRET and Solid Phase Separation assay formats.
- Lyophilized W1024 Chelate, 100?g active chelate
- Europium standard, 0.5ml
- Enhancement Solution, 50ml
W1024 chelate is a fluorescent stable chelate. However, the europium metal can be disassociated from this chelate into a new highly fluorescent chelate using Enhancement Solution. The W1024 chelate is activated with an isothiocyanate group that reacts with free amino groups on molecules to form a covalent thiourea bond.
Materials not supplied:
- Labeling buffer, for most proteins: 50mM carbonate buffer, pH 3 is recommended
- Elution buffer, Tris buffer, 50mM, pH 5 with 0.5% sodium azide
- For proteins: Gel filtration columns NAP5, PD-10 or G-25 column can be used for rapid purification.? Alternatively, a Sephadex G50 column for more complete separation or a combination of gel filtration columns to fractionate proteins may be needed for separation of aggregates and dimers from single protein. Spin columns should NOT be used.
- Column decontamination buffer, elution buffer with 1mM EDTA
- Spectrophotometer (for protein measurement)
- Time-resolved fluorometer
The chelate, reconstituted in water, should be used the same day.
For long-term storage at -20?C, the chelate should be dissolved in 10 mM sodium succinate buffer (pH5.0) or 10 mM sodium acetate buffer (pH 4.8) and aliquoted.
Click here to download Instructions For Use, Guide to Labeling